Thursday, February 17, 2011

Survivor Week 1- The Past Returns


Spoiler Alert...Below are the results and a few thoughts from last night's season premiere of Survivor: Redemption Island. So before reading any further, watch the ep, put on your fuchsia underpants, then read what I have to say.

Well Survivor is back and the big hullabaloo is that they have brought back Russell for the third time in four seasons, and Boston Rob for his fourth time on the show. I understand the criticism of the decision, and I may even agree with it a few weeks down the road, but for in the present I am just glad to be graced by Boston Rob's presence again. My love for Russell waned during his second time on Survivor so I'm not as excited to see him back. I do know that he will be more interesting than the usual cast of characters they bring in so for the time being I'm perfectly fine with this creative move.

As for the civilians in this edition of Survivor, only three really stood out after week one. The three that were showcased in the episode were Phillip, Francesca and Kristina. I hated all three of them. Now here is where things get tricky. I didn't like Coach Wade at all throughout the first couple of episodes on his first season, but then grew to love how absolutely ridiculous he was. Will the same thing happen with me and the crazy out of control Phillip? We can only wait and see. I'm curious to see how Jaydon feels about him seeing as that he named his fantasy squad the Fuchsia Federal Agents.

And as another Fantasy Survivor season begins, it seems we had the strangest draft yet. It appears Mags and Larry have all member of the purple tribe, while Jaydon and I have all members of the yellow tribe. It should make for some interesting scores early on in the season, especially if one tribe continues to win challenge after challenge.

Fantasy Results

Montecito Lancers

Russell- W1 (1), Im (8)= 9
Ralph- W1 (1), Im (8)= 9
Krista- W1 (1), Im (8)= 9
Sarita- W1 (1), Im (8)= 9
Week 1= 36 Total= 36




My Orbitz Account

Mike- W1 (1), Im (8)= 9
Steve- W1 (1), Im (8)= 9
Stephanie- W1 (1), Im (8)= 9
David- W1 (1), Im (8)= 9
Week 1= 36 Total= 36




Slay or be Slayed

Matt- W1 (1)= 1
Grant- W1 (1)= 1
Ashley- W1 (1)= 1
Natalie- W1 (1)= 1
Week 1= 4 Total= 4




Fuchsia Federal Agents

Boston Rob- W1 (1)= 1
Andrea- W1 (1)= 1
Phillip- W1 (1), Votes (-8)= -7
Kristina- W1 (1), Idol (10), Votes (-12)= -1
Week 1= -6 Total= -6





Free Agents
Julie- W1 (1)= 1
Francesca- Im (8), Votes (-16)= -8

3 comments:

  1. Agent Phil is definitely a Coach type guy. I liked Coach from the beginning and I like this loon as well. This looks like a good cast to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah when he first started being ridiculous, I was like i hate this guy. then once we got to tribal, I was like, we may have something special here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i'm pretty sure my favorite part of fantasy survivor is picking the most ridiculous picture for larry every time.

    ReplyDelete