Thursday, February 10, 2011

Justified 201 Review- My My Miss Apple Pie


Doyle Bennett- "Word travels. You and your hat are famous."
As discussed in our review of last summer's finale of Justified, I loved the ambiguous growth of both Boyd Crowder and the relationship between Boyd and Raylan Givens throughout the first season.

Was I then upset that Boyd was missing from about 90% of this second season premiere? Not at all.

The writers eloquently gave us a taste of that ever so fantastic Raylan/Boyd dynamic, and then sidelined it to introduce what I assume will be the main crux of season two: The Bennetts.

Unlike its FX relative Sons of Anarchy, which inadequately spent its entire season dealing with the aftermath of the previous season's finale, "The Moonshine War" allowed the audience to become engaged with a new set of problems for Raylan, while setting Boyd's vengeance on the back-burner.
To read the rest of my review of last night's fantastic Justified season two premiere, head over to TV Fanatic.

Justified 201 - "The Moonshine War"
Review
Recap
Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment