Thursday, February 17, 2011

Justified 202 Review- Through The Belly


Mags- "I never had a girl. Just those damn boys. I'm looking forward to our time together, Loretta."
I thought Justified improved greatly throughout its first season, and showed much promise of in last week's premiere, finding the right mixture of episodic storyline and long-term serialization. "The Life Inside," however, returned a bit too much to the procedural format I hoped the show had moved on from a while ago.

When not much of the week's story deals with the long-running plots - in this case, the Bennetts, the Crowders, etc. - one's enjoyment can depend on who the criminals of the week are. I can think back to season one and pick out the episode with Alan Ruck as the dentist as one of my favorites because he was so engaging as Raylan's adversary.

That didn't happen for me this week with Jess, Jamie and the EMT.
To read the rest of my review of last night's Justified, head over to TV Fanatic.

Justified 202 - "The Life Inside"
Review
Recap
Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment