Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One Tree Hill 801 Review- Dream Machine

Spoiler alert...Below are some thoughts on last night's season premiere of One Tree Hill, 'Asleep at Heaven's Gate'. So watch the ep, catch someone off guard like a three foot tall where do babies come from ninja, then read what I had to say.

Brooke- "I was just arrested and explored by a woman with a mustache and man hands! When you look up "bad" in the dictionary, this is it!"

Yes, I'm reviewing One Tree Hill over at TV Fanatic this year. I had a lot of fun with the first episode, because I was all ready to bash it, and then it was surprisingly decent. My slightly positive review has me excited for when the show turns to garbage again, and I can trash on it more.  You should head over to TV Fanatic now and trash on OTH or commend me on a stellar review.

The key demo at TV Fanatic is similar to that of The CW, so One Tree Hill is one of its biggest hitters. I'm glad that a good amount of people will be reading my stuff, but a bit worried that I'm gonna get chewed out when I continually berate some of the work of this show.

Last night's season premier was good though. Much better than the terrible stuff I endured in season seven. The sneaky move by making me think Quinn's shooting was a dream, and then finding out that the rest of their story was a dream, was very well done. It had me doing flashbacks to Inception both at one point in the middle of the episode and at the end, when the characters find out the whole thing was a dream. I'm not big on dream sequences overall, but I think they did this one well enough that they pulled it off.

Why Stephen Colletti has never been a series regular on this show is beyond me. Chase is easily my favorite character at this point, and Colletti might be the best actor. For a guy who started as a reality star on Laguna Beach, that is quite a statement. I have high hopes for the story line in which he is in a love triangle with Mia and Alex, but knowing OTH the way I do I wouldn't be surprised for it to sit on the back burner for a good five episodes.

One Tree Hill 801 - "Asleep at Heaven's Gate"
Review
Recap
Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment