Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia 601- Does This Marriage Make Me Look Gay?

Spoiler alert...Below are some thoughts on tonight's season premiere of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, 'Mac Fights Gay Marriage'. So watch the ep, build a cold, calculated, heartless shell, then read what I had to say.

Frank- "Two dudes getting married, that doesn't seem very gay."

I was bombarded on many sides to start It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia last year. Thanks to the help from others I raced through the first five seasons and caught myself all the way up. It grew on me quickly and is currently in my top five comedies on tv.

Tonight's season six premiere, 'Mac Fights Gay Marriage', was no different. It had a little too much of the one aspect of the show I don't love, Mac, but everything else was great.

As always, the Charlie/Frank story killed. You put these two together and it's gold every time. It's especially good when we get to witness them in their fantastic living arrangement. It's always so nice and tidy when get to view their apartment. Once they start planning their gay marriage, all bets are off.

One of the things I love about Always Sunny is their ability to do awkward so well. What puts them over the edge is that they take the awkward and go so over the top. The conversation between Dennis and Dead Tooth Maureen about her father's death was a little strange at first. After finding out it was a suicide, and Dennis brushing the whole thing off like it wasn't a big deal made it laugh out loud funny (which is rare in awkward moments).

I'll be reviewing The Office and 30 Rock over at TV Fanatic this fall so I probably won't have time to write about Always Sunny again, but I'm sure I'll be tweeting quotes all autumn long.

No comments:

Post a Comment