Thursday, July 5, 2012

Emmy Wish List- Guest Actress in a Drama


Many of the ladies on the ballot for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series come from the world of procedural. Since this is an area of which I do less watching, I'm not as familiar with the wealth of talent looking to take home the trophy in this category. What I DO know is that Loretta Devine won this thing last year, and before that it was an actress from Law and Order: SVU for four seasons in a row. That means that I will give Devine and SVU guest star Chloe Sevigny the early lead in the polls.

Prediction
Joan Cusack - Shameless
Loretta Devine - Grey's Anatomy
Louise Fletcher - Shameless
Julia Ormond - Mad Men
Chloe Sevigny - Law and Order: SVU
Jean Smart - Harry's Law

I either disliked or didn't see the performances of the rest of the women I'm predicting to make the field this year. I couldn't stand Cusack or Fletcher in Shameless, and I didn't watch any of Harry's Law so I can't speak on Smart's performance. Ormond, meanwhile, was simply decent on this season of Mad Men, but she seems like a choice the Academy will make.

Emmy Wish List
Morena Baccarin - The Mentalist
Baccarin has really proven her talents as of late, playing a wide variety of characters during her work on V, Homeland, and The Mentalist. Her performance on the latter may be my favorite Baccarin's yet.
To read the rest of my Emmy Wish List for Guest Actress in a Drama Series, head over to TV Fanatic.


No comments:

Post a Comment