Monday, July 2, 2012

Emmy Wish List- Guest Actor in a Comedy


Not all great performances are in a leading or supporting manner. Sometimes it is a guest player that steals the show, which means it's time to take a look at the Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series race. A Saturday Night Live host has won this award two out of last three years (albeit both awards were given to the fantastic Justin Timberlake), so I wouldn't be surprised to see Jimmy Fallon come away with the trophy this time around.

Prediction
Alan Alda - The Big C
Will Arnett - 30 Rock
Matt Bomer - Glee
Jimmy Fallon - Saturday Night Live
Michael J. Fox - Curb Your Enthusiasm
Greg Kinnear - Modern Family

Fallon's biggest competition will most likely be Michael J. Fox, who was not only a terrific sport in the Curb finale, but also absolutely hilarious in squaring off against Larry David.  Will Arnett, who has been nominated three out of the last four years, legend Alan Alda, and a sexy singing Matt Bomer may also vie for the crown this September. I like Greg Kinnear to fill the final spot, putting in a nice little performance on Emmy favorite Modern Family.

Emmy Wish List
Matt Bomer - Glee
I stopped caring about Glee so long ago that I don't really remember what else happened during Bomer's stint as Blaine's brother, but I do remember his duet of "Somebody That I Used to Know." His stare alone had me considering the possibility of switching teams.
To read the rest of my Emmy Wish List for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series, head over to TV Fanatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment