Thursday, November 3, 2011

The X Factor Top 12 Review- Desperate For Desperado


Well, the heck if that wasn't a dramatic improvement over last week's live show. I guess all it took was getting rid of some early jitters to allow more than one of these finalists to shine vocally.

Other than the continuing annoyance of L.A. Reid desperately shoving his faux rivalry with Simon in our faces, The X Factor Top 12 was very enjoyable. Now let's get to the performances...

The Stereo Hogzz "Rhythm Nation" - Unfortunately, my positive comments don't start with this group. In fact the groups were pretty poor once again in general, but the Hogzz might have been the least successful of the three. There was just way too much focus on the choreography, and very little on the actual singing. And were those storm troopers on the stage with them?
My Score: 3/10

Chris Rene "Superstar" - Here is where the improvements began, because Chris Rene had them in spades. The artist I fell in love with during auditions was back as he combined smooth singing vocals with an original rap verse that was absolutely fantastic. When he came back with the chorus to end the thing, I thought the audience was going to fall out of their seats.
My Score: 8/10
To read the rest of my review of last night's The X Factor Top 12 live show, head over to TV Fanatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment