Saturday, November 12, 2011

Weekly Roundup- Clay Nation


So I am going to continue posting my weekly comedy rankings on this new Weekly Roundup post, but I am going to add at least one other ranking to it, so I thought a name change was appropriate. I try as much as I can to watch all of the comedies for Friday so that I can keep up with Jaydon, Jack and T-time on the Twitter #WeeklyComedyRankings, but I can't watch everything that I attempt to keep current with in a week's time. Some dramas and actions I watch take a back seat if I don't find the need to watch them by a certain time, so obviously said shows won't make it into my Top Five of the Week, but if I'm not trying hard to watch them then they probably aren't good enough to make it anyway.

So here is this week's edition of the Weekly Comedy Rankings...

1. It's Always Sunny
2. Community
3. Bored to Death
4. The Office
5. The League
6. Rules of Engagement
7. Parks and Rec
8. Last Man Standing
9. Wizards
10. Big Bang Theory
11. Family Guy
12. New Girl
13. South Park
14. ANT Farm

Always Sunny and Community continue to rack up firsts and seconds as the season goes on, and while Jaydon and the Forcella brothers continue to disagree on the quality of The Office and Parks and Rec, we all seem to be on the same page regarding the top two comedies of the fall season.

My MVP of the week was Mac from Sunny, but any of the three guys could have earned the accolades in this hilarious episode. If Charlie had asked for a chip one more time, he might have been named my MVP. Funniest moment, and the main reason why Bored to Death jumped all the way to #3, was the grocery story mission. George sneaking up to the PC Guy in a lab coat and sunglasses, and then putting away paper towels in the meat section was the hardest I laughed all week.

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention at the time, but I didn't get South Park this week. It seems to be a bit hit or miss for me in general, but going from third last week to 13th this time around is kinda crazy.

My LVP was Ben Wyatt, who continues to be an absolute waste of Adam Scott's talent on Parks and Rec. The least funny moment was just the constant yelling and screaming that took place on New Girl this week. Call me hypocritical if you like, because there is always yelling on Sunny, but it just seems different to me.

Top Five of the Week

Here is where I will rank the five best episodes of the week...not including comedies. With all of my episodic reviewing for TV Fanatic, I need another outlet to let the people know what's what.

1. Sons of Anarchy
2. Homeland
3. Parenthood
4. The Vampire Diaries
5. Chuck

Sons has had a fantastic bounce back season as far as I'm concerned. Clay going full blown heel was a great move for the show, and I can only hope this season ends in his death. As much as I've come around on the old man as a character, there is no way this show can function properly if he sticks around.

Homeland continues to be the best new show on tv, and those Lie Detector scenes were unbelievably good this week. Parenthood, without a doubt, gets a tear from my eye at least every other episode. It happened again this week. Haters gonna hate, but no show brings as much excitement and thrills as The Vampire Diaries, and this week's midseason finale was great. Even though I kind of tore it apart in my review, I still had a heck of a time watching Morgan be a jerk on this week's Chuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment