Thursday, December 16, 2010

Third Day of TV Christmas- Three Jo Bros

In a new tradition here at the Pool, as both a way of summing up the year in television and celebrating the holidays, we will be releasing the first Twelve Days of TV Christmas series leading up to the day where I hope to receive multiple DVD box sets of my favorite shows. Whereas the Poolies celebrate the best television of the season by a number of voters, the Twelve Days of Christmas is my attempt at giving credit to the top series of the year by me and only me. Having said that, a couple of my favorite shows have been left off the list for a multitude of reasons. In the case of Chuck and Justified, it's mostly because I couldn't fit them into a numbered slot as well as some others. With Sons or Always Sunny, I just wasn't as happy with their respective seasons in 2010. So without further ado, here is the Third Day of TV Christmas. Feel free to sing along.
On the third day of Christmas my tv gave to me...three Jo Bros, two Terriers, and a paper boss in Scranton, PA.

The third show to earned accolades for 2010 is our second straight canceled series. Jonas concluded its second season during the year, and the bros decided to stop the show for what I'm sure are a ton of good reasons. In between the first and second seasons, Joe, Nick and Kevin changed locations, changed the tone of the show, and even changed the title. At first I was worried that tonal change, from a complete slapstick to a more melo-dramatic comedy, was going to be a problem. Although Jonas LA wasn't as funny as the first season, it was not any worse by season's end. The ridiculous drama they brought week in and week out put it up there with the likes of Mackenzie Falls for most drama on television. At the end of the day, I've grown to be a bit too obsessed with these brothers. Maybe it's because I have two brothers myself, and wish that we could in fact be the Jo Bros. Or maybe it's because they are just that awesome, that they deserve to be idolized by one and all. I will continue to listen to their music, and follow whatever projects they move on to in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment