Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First Day of TV Christmas- A Paper Boss In Scranton, PA

In a new tradition here at the Pool, as both a way of summing up the year in television and celebrating the holidays, we will be releasing the first Twelve Days of TV Christmas series leading up to the day where I hope to receive multiple DVD box sets of my favorite shows. Whereas the Poolies celebrate the best television of the season by a number of voters, the Twelve Days of Christmas is my attempt at giving credit to the top series of the year by me and only me. Having said that, a couple of my favorite shows have been left off the list for a multitude of reasons. In the case of Chuck and Justified, it's mostly because I couldn't fit them into a numbered slot as well as some others. With Sons or Always Sunny, I just wasn't as happy with their respective seasons in 2010. So without further ado, here is the First Day of TV Christmas. Feel free to sing along.
On the first day of Christmas my tv gave to me...a paper boss in Scranton, PA.

The first show earning recognition for its performance in 2010 is The Office. For as much complaining people have done about the show recently, especially the lame critics, The Office still provides as many or more laughs than any show on television. Especially at the end of the year here, the beginning of this seventh season has been fantastic. They have really gotten back to the formula that works; a lot of Michael Scott being obnoxious and hilarious, Dwight and Jim at each others' throats, and quality one-liners from the rest of the outstanding cast of characters. Will things change once Steve Carrell leaves for good at the end of the season? Absolutely. But for now, everyone should enjoy the ride as Michael Scott makes you laugh time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment