Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ninth Day of TV Christmas- Nine Flashes Sideways

In a new tradition here at the Pool, as both a way of summing up the year in television and celebrating the holidays, we will be releasing the first Twelve Days of TV Christmas series leading up to the day where I hope to receive multiple DVD box sets of my favorite shows. Whereas the Poolies celebrate the best television of the season by a number of voters, the Twelve Days of Christmas is my attempt at giving credit to the top series of the year by me and only me. Having said that, a couple of my favorite shows have been left off the list for a multitude of reasons. In the case of Chuck and Justified, it's mostly because I couldn't fit them into a numbered slot as well as some others. With Sons or Always Sunny, I just wasn't as happy with their respective seasons in 2010. So without further ado, here is the Ninth Day of TV Christmas. Feel free to sing along.
On the ninth day of Christmas my tv gave to me...nine flashes sideways, eight minutes breathless, seven kids a studying, six deads a walking, five deeeaaad rapiiiiists, four ad partners, three Jo Bros, two Terriers, and a paper boss in Scranton, PA.

It has been over half a year since Lost aired its series finale, and my love for the show, the final season, and the finale itself has not changed. The season did everything I could have asked of it. Was it as good as say seasons four or five? Maybe not, but it was so much more epic. Every episode I watched, I knew everything was that much more important. Kate's last ep, Hugo's last ep, the deaths of many main characters. There are many people out there who complained about it for God knows why, but the final season of Lost and especially the finale worked like gangbusters. They hit every emotional note I needed, and answered or failed to answer anything I cared or didn't care about. As much as people hated on "Across the Sea," it, along with "Ab Aeterno" answered everything I needed on Lost. As the 2010 version of Lost went along, we watched as nine of our favorite characters flashed "sideways" as we called them, into a purgatory like world. These sideways flashes were ruined for some once the big reveal came around, but I enjoyed them more once I realized what was going on. All in all it will continue to be my favorite television show of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment