Friday, December 17, 2010

Fourth Day of TV Christmas- Four Ad Partners

In a new tradition here at the Pool, as both a way of summing up the year in television and celebrating the holidays, we will be releasing the first Twelve Days of TV Christmas series leading up to the day where I hope to receive multiple DVD box sets of my favorite shows. Whereas the Poolies celebrate the best television of the season by a number of voters, the Twelve Days of Christmas is my attempt at giving credit to the top series of the year by me and only me. Having said that, a couple of my favorite shows have been left off the list for a multitude of reasons. In the case of Chuck and Justified, it's mostly because I couldn't fit them into a numbered slot as well as some others. With Sons or Always Sunny, I just wasn't as happy with their respective seasons in 2010. So without further ado, here is the Fourth Day of TV Christmas. Feel free to sing along.
On the fourth day of Christmas my tv gave to me...four ad partners, three Jo Bros, two Terriers, and a paper boss in Scranton, PA.

So the fourth show to receive praise for its performance during 2010, although it probably has been written about too much already by me, is AMC's Mad Men. Maybe it is because I was able to over-analyze the series on a weekly basis this year, but Mad Men went from a show that I watched and knew was quality television, to a show that I loved and enjoyed almost as much as anything on tv. My feeling is that Mad Men, like many serialized dramas, has the ability to get better and better as time goes on. Because the characters become that much more in depth as the years go by, their actions are that much more important to the viewer as each and every episode comes on. This year was full of changes. From Don's metamorphosis, to the new Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce trying to stay alive, things were different in 1960s New York. How long can this ride take us? I'm not sure, but I'll be there every step of the way, and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment