Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Second Day of TV Christmas- Two Terriers

In a new tradition here at the Pool, as both a way of summing up the year in television and celebrating the holidays, we will be releasing the first Twelve Days of TV Christmas series leading up to the day where I hope to receive multiple DVD box sets of my favorite shows. Whereas the Poolies celebrate the best television of the season by a number of voters, the Twelve Days of Christmas is my attempt at giving credit to the top series of the year by me and only me. Having said that, a couple of my favorite shows have been left off the list for a multitude of reasons. In the case of Chuck and Justified, it's mostly because I couldn't fit them into a numbered slot as well as some others. With Sons or Always Sunny, I just wasn't as happy with their respective seasons in 2010. So without further ado, here is the Second Day of TV Christmas. Feel free to sing along.
On the second day of Christmas my tv gave to me...two Terriers, and a paper boss in Scranton, PA.

The second show receiving credit for outstanding performance in 2010 is Terriers. The two private investigators of FX's Terriers, Donal Logue's Hank and Michael Raymond-James's Britt, really did burst onto the scene as a couple of dudes that were easy to root for. Sure it has since been canceled for lack of ratings, but that's not to say that it was not a terrific 13 episodes all on its own. Critics loved this thing, proven by Alan Sepinwall, Mo Ryan and Ryan McGee tweeting that we should be watching Terriers every Wednesday like clockwork. I wasn't as in love with the series as McGee, who placed it number one in his 10 Best of '10, but it definitely was in my top 12 of the year. Best of all was that they ended the thing in fantastic fashion. I'm sure they knew that a second season was in jeopardy, so they left things open. The arc of season one was summed up, and there was potential for a new journey from our favorite PIs. But unlike some other season finales, there wasn't too much anticipation for a second season premiere, that I got angry the show was canceled. Sad that it is not continuing? Of course. But happy with how it came together. There's nothing wrong with a solid 13 episode series done well.

No comments:

Post a Comment