Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tenth Day of TV Christmas- Ten Weeks a Fighting

In a new tradition here at the Pool, as both a way of summing up the year in television and celebrating the holidays, we will be releasing the first Twelve Days of TV Christmas series leading up to the day where I hope to receive multiple DVD box sets of my favorite shows. Whereas the Poolies celebrate the best television of the season by a number of voters, the Twelve Days of Christmas is my attempt at giving credit to the top series of the year by me and only me. Having said that, a couple of my favorite shows have been left off the list for a multitude of reasons. In the case of Chuck and Justified, it's mostly because I couldn't fit them into a numbered slot as well as some others. With Sons or Always Sunny, I just wasn't as happy with their respective seasons in 2010. So without further ado, here is the Tenth Day of TV Christmas. Feel free to sing along.
On the tenth day of Christmas my tv gave to me...ten weeks a fighting, nine flashes sideways, eight minutes breathless, seven kids a studying, six deads a walking, five deeeaaad rapiiiiists, four ad partners, three Jo Bros, two Terriers, and a paper boss in Scranton, PA.

After struggling through the most recent season of Survivor it has become more and more obvious how great Big Brother is. The ten weeks of arguing, game playing, and back stabbing we were witness to in 2010 are definitely worthy of recognition. Unlike Survivor, Big Bro doesn't depend on its cast to have a good season. The Nicaragua version of Survivor has failed mostly because there were no interesting contestants, but over the past few seasons of Big Brother, there have been times where I found nobody compelling and still really enjoyed the season. 2010 was highlighted by a Guido and a couple of juice heads, and I'm not talking about Jersey Shore. Enzo, Hayden and Lane, or the Brigade as they liked to call themselves, created an unstoppable alliance at the very beginning of Big Brother, and stayed strong until the final three. It truly was one of, if not the best alliance I've witnessed on reality tv. Congrats to the three of them, Hayden for winning, and CBS for continuing to put on a great show three days a week every summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment