Friday, December 24, 2010

Eleventh Day of TV Christmas- Eleven Family Members

In a new tradition here at the Pool, as both a way of summing up the year in television and celebrating the holidays, we will be releasing the first Twelve Days of TV Christmas series leading up to the day where I hope to receive multiple DVD box sets of my favorite shows. Whereas the Poolies celebrate the best television of the season by a number of voters, the Twelve Days of Christmas is my attempt at giving credit to the top series of the year by me and only me. Having said that, a couple of my favorite shows have been left off the list for a multitude of reasons. In the case of Chuck and Justified, it's mostly because I couldn't fit them into a numbered slot as well as some others. With Sons or Always Sunny, I just wasn't as happy with their respective seasons in 2010. So without further ado, here is the Eleventh Day of TV Christmas. Feel free to sing along.
On the eleventh day of Christmas my tv gave to me...eleven family members, ten weeks a fighting, nine flashes sideways, eight minutes breathless, seven kids a studying, six deads a walking, five deeeaaad rapiiiiists, four ad partners, three Jo Bros, two Terriers, and a paper boss in Scranton, PA.

Since the days of TGIF there has not been a family sitcom that has gotten me excited. By the end of 2009, and then throughout 2010, ABC's Modern Family has changed that. The eleven members of the Pritchett family tree - that's Jay, Gloria, Manny, Phil, Claire, Haley, Alex, Luke, Cam, Mitchell, and Lilly - have earned a spot in the best of 2010. The mockumentary style is nothing new after watching The Office for many years now, but the people at Modern Family have managed to make it work magically once again. As has been said many times before, the numerous dynamics that can be created with this large group make for new hilarious situations every episode. Whether it was Cam and Gloria at the Mexican restaurant, Manny and Claire chatting about kids, or Phil and Jay trying to get along, the strange relationships that make up this modern family have proven to be one of the funniest shows on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment