Monday, August 23, 2010

Mad Men Review- Long, Beautiful Hair

Spoiler alert...Below are some thoughts on last night's episode of Mad Men, 'The Chrysanthemum and the Sword'. So watch the ep, drop the big one...twice, then read what I had to say.

Betty Draper- "Don't you dare lie to me, I'll cut your fingers off!"

As the great Matthew Berry would say, the hate has definitely gone too far on Betty Draper. Maybe it's just amongst snobby television critics, but the norm is to hate on Betty until the sun comes back up. I've always enjoyed her, but this week we got a much more mean and evil Betty, which was awesome. The fact that the only way she can deal with Sally cutting her hair is to smack her across the face, just makes her that much more enjoyable. Maybe I'm being hypocritical, because I used to hate on Don for being a terrible person to Betty, but when it's Betty being awful I'm all for it. Oh my kid is having issues, just send her to a shrink! There's no reason to sit down and talk to her yourself. Just send her to a professional. Way to go Bets.

My full review of the fifth episode of Mad Men's fourth season is up over at TV Fanatic. It was certainly enjoyable to have Betty and Sally back, especially since they did nothing but cause trouble. Knowing that every critic out there is going to hate on it, makes me enjoy this ep even more.

Mad Men 405- 'The Chrysanthemum and the Sword'
Review
Recap
Quotes

2 comments: