Monday, August 2, 2010

Mad Men Review- All I Want For Christmas Is Lucky Strike

Pete: Who would wanna miss Christmas in New York?
Trudy: Chestnuts roasting on a greasy man's open street cart, my goodness.

Last night I reviewed the second episode of Mad Men's fourth season over at the TV Fanatic. Upon hearing from the boss man that he was going to give me Mad Men for the rest of the season, I got a bit worried. Am I going to be able to continue writing up opinionated reviews on this series without completely trashing it? At the Quiet Pool Perspective, I trash what I want, when I want. In the world of television criticism, it is blasphemy to criticize the all-powerful Mad Men. The show is slow and tiresome at times and I'm going to have to give in to boredom at some point.

This week's ep was again quite good, if not thoroughly entertaining. We explored different avenues of several characters. On the plus side, little Sally Draper was highlighted. On the creepy side, it was because Glenn was flirting with her. This kid, played by show-runner Matthew Weiner's son Martin, is creepy to the point that I'd think about hooking him up with CJ Alleyne.

Some more good news for me. I'm not sure if it concerns anyone else, but I have also been assigned Sons of Anarchy and One Tree Hill for the fall at TV Fanatic. Because I love the former, and used to love but now hate the latter, I am absolutely looking forward to reviewing both this year. I have so many great things stored up to say about Jax and the Sam Crowe crew. And on the other side of things, I have plenty of hate built up on the Tree Hill crew.

For the time being, head on over and read my review at TV Fantatic. Or once again, just comment on how great the show is. Or on how dull and boring it is. Either way, comments are appreciated.

Mad Men 402- 'Christmas Comes But Once a Year'
Review
Recap
Quotes

4 comments:

  1. I've gone over the hump. This is as good as any other show currently airing and better than most. Took a long time to get there but I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it takes a while though right? took me almost the entire first season to buy in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is really the great show i watch this show online

    ReplyDelete