Friday, August 27, 2010

The CW Fall Lineup Preview

The CW, which came to be after the combination of two networks, currently still feels like two networks. There is the Monday through Wednesday schedule and then the Thursday and Friday schedule. Although it's a shame that I have to admit that I watch much more of the girly soaps at the beginning of the week, I don't feel that I'm missing much by not watching the sci-fi end of the week stuff.

Only a couple of new shows hit the schedule again this year, neither of which are going be groundbreaking. They'll have to rely on the old faithfuls to keep them afloat for another season. If The CW did go out of business, I wonder how many of these series would get picked up, and by whom? I'm sure one or two out of 90210/Gossip/Life Unexpected would get signed by ABC Family, while I can see Vampire Diaries going to SyFy.

Once again, blue are what I'll be watching. Yellow is what is new in 2010.

Sunday

Monday
8:00- 90210
Naomi Clark's attitude is mainly the only thing good about this show.
9:00- Gossip Girl
They just keep bringing in the big guns to guest star. Next up is Katie Cassidy. How about you replace one of these (also Hilary Duff and Joanna Garcia) with your terrible leading lady that wants to get killed off.

Tuesday
8:00- One Tree Hill
A show that was hitting it's prime during seasons 3-5, really has fallen a long way as of late.
9:00- Life Unexpected
What to expect...a crossover episode between this and OTH this season.

Wednesday
8:00- America's Next Top Model
9:00- Hellcats

Thursday
8:00- Vampire Diaries
Apparently vampires are really popular right now. On a related note, how is Taylor Lautner liked by anyone? He's not good looking, he can't act, he's not funny, he has no charm. Astonishing.
9:00- Nikita
People are saying Maggie Q is good, but this is really ho hum. I'll give it one ep to win me over.

Friday
8:00- Smallville
9:00- Supernatural
I wouldn't mind watching one or both of these series some summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment