Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FOX Fall Lineup Preview

Day Three...FOX's fall lineup for 2010.  Let's all admit this right away.  FOX has a great track record for soapy dramas (See: O.C., The and 90210, Beverly Hills).  That's why I'm pretty excited about Lone Star.  The trailer got me excited, but then to hear that critics like it as well only puts it over the top as a winner in 2010.

A couple other new shows, some old faithfuls in House, Family Guy and Fringe, and that about sums up FOX for 2010-11.  The networks that don't have 10 PM programming, like FOX and The CW, absolutely feel lighter than the other three.  But they don't  have as much fluff so at times it feels like they're bring more bang for their buck.  No foolish Law and Orders of CSIs here.  Just quality programming.  Sure I'm not a fan of some of it, but at least they're not lazy.

As per the usual, shows I'm watching are in blue...new series are in yellow.

Sunday
8:00- The Simpsons
Still? I'm sure it's funny, but I can never get myself to watch an episode anymore.
8:30- The Cleveland Show
I can only take a half hour of Seth McFarlane per week.
9:00- Family Guy
And here it is. The original is still the best.
9:30- American Dad
See: Cleveland Show, The

Monday
8:00- House, MD
I don't ever get excited for House, but I enjoy watching Hugh Laurie do his thing.
9:00- Lone Star
I loved it when I first saw the trailer, and there has been nothing but positive buzz coming from critics in recent weeks. This Texas soap should give me my fix once Friday Night Lights is off the air come 2011.

Tuesday
8:00- Glee
They're getting way too guest-star happy on this show. How bout you just do a good show instead of stunt casting guest appearances?
9:00- Raising Hope
Absolutely not.
9:30- Running Wilde
From the people of Arrested Development, so it has clout, but apparently the pilot wasn't very good. Will Arnett is usually funny though so I'll give it a try.

Wednesday
8:00- Hell's Kitchen
Two hours? Really? Every week?

Thursday
8:00- Bones
Never tried it, and doesn't look appealing.
9:00- Fringe
Wish I could get myself to jump back on the wagon. It might be too late, but it would be a nice sci-fi fix for me.

Friday
8:00- Human Target
Good enough. Depending on how busy I get, this procedural will be one of the first to hit the road.
9:00- The Good Guys
It runs for the entire summer and then is also on the fall lineup...I don't get this. This isn't early Beverly Hills, 90210 where you start in the summer because it takes place in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment