Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sons of Anarchy 308 Review- When You're Bleak, You're Bleak


Jax: Holy s**t! What was that?
Irish Dude: Welcome to Ireland.

So this week Sons of Anarchy needed an hour and a half to disappoint me. To understand all that disappointed me in this week's episode, "Lochan Mor", head over to TV Fanatic to read my review. I tweeted a couple hours ago that I enjoy it when my review and Alan Sepinwall's review have similar sentiments. After mine went live, I went over to HitFix to see with the Godfather of television criticism had to say, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that he was also disappointed.

He also mentioned, like Jaydon commented on my review last week, that creator Kurt Sutter has been claiming that only chicks can understand the greatness of this third season. First of all, there's no way that is true. Secondly, if you have ever read this blog, you know that I hope on everything good in this world that he's not happy about that. Why on Earth would he want his show to only be gotten by chicks? This isn't America's Next Top Model. This is Sons of Anarchy. Dudes can understand clever and deep, understated plot lines. What your run of the mill awesome dude can't take is boring, dragging your feet in the mud plots that don't get anywhere by episode eight.

Having said all that, I still am a big fan of the show, and when this months power rankings come out, it might actually move up, but this season has definitely been worse than the previous two. And like Sepinwall said, "that has nothing to do with my gender."

Sons of Anarchy 308 - "Lochan Mor"
Review
Recap
Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment