Friday, October 22, 2010

The Office 705 Review- Justifying the Sale


Dwight: People can't keep their true natures hidden for long and this guy is smoldering like a tire fire.
Michael: Testify.

My review of last night's The Office, "The Sting", is up over at TV Fanatic, but I'm going to take another few paragraphs to piggy back off of what I was complaining about in my 30 Rock post. If you are, or ever have been, a fan of The Office, I dare you to listen to Talking TV With Ryan and Ryan's State of The Sitcom and not pull your hair out.

Critics' ability to take something as silly as The Office and critique it like it has characters from Mad Men, is absolutely absurd. Yes Michael Scott is many things, and many of those things are hilarious! Who cares if something he does this week doesn't exactly coincide with what he had been three years ago? It's a silly comedy that is supposed to make you laugh. Now sure, sometimes it fails at that, like last week's episode for example. But don't criticize it for its characters not seeming real. Criticize it for using unfunny situations with Jan, or Ed Helms's inability to make us laugh when ranting about the dangers of sex.

This week I laughed a lot. I thought Dwight and Jim were both used quite well, some of the smaller characters were infused much better, and Michael was Michael (which is good for me in almost any circumstance). I know there are Michael haters out there, and I respect that, but personally I find him hilarious. This week, that did not change.

The Office 705 - "The Sting"
Review
Recap
Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment