Monday, October 18, 2010

Mad Men 413 Review- Don's Going to Disneyland!


Sally: Who's Dick?
Don: Well... that's me. That's my nickname sometimes.

Unlike when when this past season of Hung ended, I am actually sad that i won't be reviewing Mad Men anymore in the near future. My review of last night's season four finale, "Tomorrowland", is live over at TV Fanatic. It's a 1200 word piece in which I lament about how the finale was a good fit for what this season was really about.

Spoiler alert...Below are some thoughts on the fourth season finale of Mad Men, "Tomorrowland". So watch the ep, think about the number of things that had to happen to get you to this blog, then read what I had to say.

Don: Miss Calvet and I are getting married.
Roger: Who the hell's that?

Even though my review was on the longer side for my style, there was plenty that I left out. For starters, I can't believe Megan mentioned how her teeth were big. The boys on the Firewall and Iceberg Podcast went on for ages about how Sepinwall's readers were so concerned about the actresses huge teeth. The fact that Weiner expected this to be something people would notice, and worked it into the script well in advance, was awesome to witness.

So Bert Cooper was not in this episode. Is he gone for good? When we come back next season, I would be really surprised to see him there, but I won't count it out.

What a choice for an ending song. I Got You Babe? The only thing that pops into my head upon hearing that tune is....Groundhog Day! So will Don's year start all over come season five until he gets things right and stops acting like a jerk? That would be a great twist and an interesting story telling technique.

Well those were just some of the small points I didn't get a chance to touch on in my review. It was a great season of Mad Men, and if you're not watching this show, you're missing out. It might take you a while to get into, as it did with me, but you'll be happy you got through the beginning.

Mad Men 413 - "Tomorrowland"
Review
Round Table
Recap
Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment