Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Phoebe Buffay Award (2009)

The Phoebe Buffay Award for
Best Female Character in a Comedy Series

Rank. Character (Show)- Total Points...(My Rank)
10th. Christine Campbell (New Adventures of Old Christine)- 0 points

9th. Audrey Bingham (Rules of Engagement)- 0 points

8th. Rebecca Logan (Greek)- 2 points...(4th)

7th. Joy Turner (My Name Is Earl)- 3 points...(5th)


6th. Elisa (30 Rock)- 8 points


5th. Kelly Kapoor (The Office)- 14 points

4th. Angela Martin (The Office)- 18 points

3rd. Jenna Maroney (30 Rock)- 21 points...(3rd)

Runner-Up
2nd. Holly Flax (The Office)- 23 points...(2nd)

The Poolie Goes To

1st. Liz Lemon (30 Rock)- 28 points...(1st)And now here is the Kid to talk about Lemon...

It is rare for me to enjoy a female character even remotely as much as I like the dudes on a show, but over the past three years Liz Lemon has defied the odds and proven herself to be comparable to guys. Albeit on 30 Rock it's my opinion that she's not as good as Tracy, Jack, or Frank, but she's right up there with everyone else. In a comedy that's a real accomplishment, because in general, chicks aren't funny.

This season from Liz we've gotten such gems as:

--I want to go to there.
--Twist.
--Hey, where are my Sno-balls? I'm going to the gym later so I deserve a treat.
--In my experience, 'let's think about it' usually ends up as me watching Solid Gold in my basement on prom night.
--Look, Jack, I don't have a lot of personal life experience, but if I have learned anything from my Sims family... when a child doesn't see his father enough, he starts to jump up and down, and then his mood level will drop until he pees himself.

1 comment:

  1. Love Liz Lemon. And love any and all references to Friends.

    ReplyDelete