Saturday, May 23, 2009

FOX Upfronts- Gut Reactions

What's Gone
Do Not Disturb, King of the Hill, Prison Break, Sit Down Shut Up, Terminator

--Worst move of this season's upfronts was canceling Terminator: TSCC. Not only was it a great show, but it kept getting better and better as it went on. I'm glad to see Sit Down Shut Up and Do Not Disturb gone.

What's Back
24, American Dad, American Idol, Bones, Dollhouse, Family Guy, Fringe, House, Kitchen Nightmares, Lie To Me, Simpsons, Til Death, So You Think You Can Dance

--Really? Dollhouse and Lie to Me were better than Terminator? Interesting. 24 is back so I'm assuming Jacky B makes it through that experimental stem cell surgery. Either that or Renee Walker takes over as the woman that saves the world...no thank you.

What's New
Brothers, Cleveland Show, Glee, Human Target, Past Life, Sons of Tucson, Wanda Sykes Show

--Not much promise for the future of FOX. I'll check out Brothers and Cleveland Show, and maybe give Glee another try, but nothing excites me here.

--Brothers is a sitcom starring Michael Strahan (New York Football Giants) as Mike Trainor, an ex-NFL star that has spent all his money and moves back home. Daryl Mitchell (House Party, 10 Things I Hate About You) plays Mike's brother, a handicapped restaurateur, and Carl Weathers (Rocky, Happy Gilmore) is the father.

--The Cleveland Show is the Family Guy spin-off starring the Griffin's neighbor, Cleveland. That's pretty much it. I'll watch because all Seth MacFarlane's stuff is good.

--I turned the Glee pilot off halfway through because it was pretty awful. I am only hearing good things about it so I might give it one more try this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment