Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bi-Monthly Power Rankings- Honorable Mentions

Although it has been three months since the last installment of The Quiet Pool Perspective Power Rankings, they will keep the Bi-Monthly moniker, because I am simply shifting everything back one month.  August, October, December, February, April, and June works better anyway.  There's that, and there's the fact that I was way too busy moving and starting a new job to post anything at the start of July.  I still don't have time to say a lot, but I do have some new rankings for y'all so take a look...

Show (Last Time, Highest Ranking) green=moving up, red=moving down


Around the World in 80 Plates (-, -) Wednesdays on Bravo
A mix of Top Chef, The Amazing Race, and Survivor?  I'll take it.  It was still mostly Top Chef on the run, but definitely worthy of an easy watch in the summer.

Dallas (-, -) Wednesdays on TNT
This has been a very good guilty pleasure.  I never saw the original, but this new version has had more twists and back stabs than anything else on tv this year.  I'll take that.

Franklin and Bash (-, -) Tuesdays on TNT
Zack Morris as a lawyer is fun every week.  There's not much meat on the bones, but I continue to watch.

The Glass House (-, -) Mondays on ABC
This is on the list simply because it has been so memorably bad.  It is an early favorite for the Heroes Award, as this has been terrible to watch, but I also haven't looked away yet.


The League (-, 12) Thursdays on FX
The third season was a disappointment after a fantastic second year.  I'm hoping for big things from the comedy this fall.

Love in the Wild (-, -) Tuesdays on NBC
Jenny McCarthy was God awful as the host, but the second season had Ben, who was one of my favorite reality contestants in a while.

Men at Work (-, -) Thursdays on TBS
Not in contention for a Poolie come next June, but this was certainly one of the best comedies of the summer.  Hyde, Mike Cannon, and that one dude from a few eps of The O.C., made for a good trio.


The Newsroom (-, -) Sundays on HBO
Most people either love or hate The Newsroom.  I'm not one of those people, as it's been okay thus far.  I'm not outraged, and I'm not cheering.

Political Animals (-, -) Sundays on USA
Ho hum, nothing to see here.  The pilot was very interesting, but it hasn't gone much of anywhere since then.

True Blood (-, 8) Sundays on HBO
It's not what it used to be, but True Blood is also a far cry from the disaster that was season three.  It's been fun this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment