Friday, August 12, 2011

Wilfred 108 Review- A Collar Made In Taiwan


Wilfred- "Ryan, remember when I told you a few weeks ago that you are a total pussy? Well I just wanted to apologize for not emphasizing that enough."
Like each and every episode that has come before it in the first season, Wilfred relied heavily on its titular man-in-dog-suit throughout the majority of "Anger."

Unlike our beloved Editor-in-Chief here at TV Fanatic, I have actually been enjoying Wilfred, so I will be taking over reviewing responsibilities for the FX comedy from here on out.

Comedy is extremely subjective, which is why I completely understand why Matt Richenthal might not have enjoyed the show. His main complaint in past reviews is that the show has been one-note. It's hard to argue with that, but the difference between the two of us is that I absolutely LOVE that one-note.

Wilfred the character is head and shoulders above Wilfred the show at this point. Sure, it's tough to peg down what he actually is, and when he switches from dog to man, but it is THAT grey area that makes this man-like dog so hilarious.
To read the rest of my review of last night's Wilfred, head over to TV Fanatic.

Wilfred 108 - "Anger"
Review
Recap
Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment