Wednesday, August 31, 2011

2011-12 Season Outlook- FOX

Here at the Quiet Pool Perspective we like to give you a head start on figuring out what to watch heading into a new television season. Although we aren't cool enough to get all of the pilots in advanced, we have seen each and every trailer, have done the research, and have listened to what the critics are saying about all of the new shows for the 2011-12 season. So below are some my opinions on what should be watch, as well as some early insight on what I will be watching this year.
Here’s what’s new on FOX...

A Quick Look

Excited For
  1. Terra Nova
  2. The X Factor
Interested In
  3. Alcatraz
  4. New Girl
Giving a Chance
  5. The Finder
  6. Allen Gregory
Passaroo
  7. I Hate My Teenage Daughter
  8. Napoleon Dynamite

And Some More Depth

Allen Gregory – Sunday – 8:30 p.m.
Need to Know: Animated comedy starring Jonah Hill as the titular character. He heads to elementary school, but for some reason he acts way older than he is, so it causes plenty of problems. I guess this is the role he lost all of that weight for. David Goodman, who was a writer on Family Guy, is the showrunner.
Quiet Pool Plan: I’m still undecided. I guess I’ll give it a try, because kids acting like adults is always funny to me. Those of you who have never enjoyed Manny on Modern Family should probably steer clear of this.

Napoleon Dynamite – Sunday – Spring
Need to Know: It’s an animated version of the movie. Most if not all of the original cast is voicing.
Quiet Pool Plan: God no! I hated the movie, and I hate this.

Terra Nova – Monday – 8:00 p.m.
Need to Know: The modern world has been all but destroyed so people are going back in time to give Earth a second chance. That’s all I need to know. They travel millions of years into the past in order to start over. They face many obstacles, including dinosaurs!
Quiet Pool Plan: I will be reviewing the show for TV Fanatic so I am in it for the long haul, and boy am I excited about that. As long as the extensive amount of time and effort it is taking them to make episodes doesn’t cut the season short, I will be good.
One of the survivor families on Terra Nova
Alcatraz – Monday – Spring
Need to Know: Hugo Reyes and some girl look into the reappearance of missing inmates from Alcatraz over 50 years ago. A bunch of Lost guys, including JJ Abrams and Bryan Burk are listed as Exec Producers.
Quiet Pool Plan: I will re-evaluate come midseason, but I had higher hopes for this when it was first announced. Something about it doesn’t have me all that interested. If it takes a turn for the supernatural, I may jump back on board.

New Girl – Tuesday – 9:00 p.m.
Need to Know: Zooey Deschanel is adorable. She stars in this sitcom about her being cute and the nerd dudes she’s friends with thinking the same thing. Damon Wayans Jr. was in the pilot but after Happy Endings got picked up, they replaced him with a different Black man. The creator apparently wrote No Strings Attached.
Quiet Pool Plan: I will watch for Zooey. If the rest of this turns out to be awful, then I will quit, but I have high hopes.

The X Factor – Wednesday – 8:00 p.m.
Need to Know: It’s old school American Idol with Simon and Paula. They’ve added a different Black guy with glasses and another insufferable chick in Nicole Sherzinger. The contestant age minimum is lower, the age maximum is higher, and there can be groups.
Quiet Pool Plan: I am on board with Simon coming back into my life. With all the singing talent spread out over numerous shows now, there will never be anything like the best seasons of Idol, but if X Factor helps cancel Idol, I’m for it.
The X Factor judges
I Hate My Teenage Daughter – Wednesday – Winter
Need to Know: Sitcom starring Jaime Pressley. She and her friend hate their daughters. It comes from the ladies that did The New Adventures of Old Christine.
Quiet Pool Plan: I like you Jaime, but this should not be on tv.

The Finder – Thursday – Winter
Need to Know: A Bones spinoff starring the groom from Wedding Crashers, the video gamer from The Break Up, or the dying stud from that one episode of Las Vegas who smashed with Sam on those rocks. Geoff Stults is kind of awesome, and in this he solves crimes as The Finder.
Quiet Pool Plan: I doubt I will find the time to check this out, but that’s a shame because it will probably be decent.

Don't Forget, there is plenty of great television returning to the screen this season.  Here are some of our favorites on FOX...

1. Family Guy – Sunday – 9:00 p.m.
2. American Idol – Tuesday – Spring
3. House – Monday – 9:00 p.m.
4. Glee – Tuesday – 8:00 p.m.
5. Raising Hope – Tuesday – 9:30 p.m.
6. Bob’s Burgers – Sunday – 9:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment