Monday, July 11, 2011

Emmy Outlook- Guest in Drama

Although the Poolies are much more important around here - and should be everywhere - as a television blog, we at the Quiet Pool Perspective have decided to talk a bit about the 2011 Emmys. With nominations set to be announced on July 14th, I will be going through the major categories over the next couple of days to give my ballot and my prediction. My Ballot is what I would have as my six nominees if I were eligible to vote on such things. My prediction is what I expect to be announced come July 14th. As a caveat, I will not be predicting guest actor and actresses, because that would be ridiculously difficult.
Guest Actor in a Drama
Jeremy Davies

My Ballot
Eamonn Walker – Lights Out
Titus Welliver – Sons of Anarchy
Jeremy Davies – Justified
Zach Gilford – Friday Night Lights
Jon Manfrellotti – Men of a Certain Age
Noah Emmerich – The Walking Dead

A lot of good guest actors in drama, which is proven by the fact I had to leave out Arlo Givens from Justified. Another Justified man, Jeremy Davies, made my list and would have if he had gone in supporting.  Fantastic stuff as Dickie Bennett.  Gilford went from a lead actor in FNL, to only appearing in a couple of episodes, but I still love me some Matt Saracen.  Walker was easily the best thing about Lights Out, it's just a shame he only stayed for two episodes.  Re-watching some of SoA season three, I realized just how good Welliver was as Jimmy O.  Emmerich was the only character I really enjoyed from the six eps of Walking Dead, while Manfrellotti continues to crack me up in the sometimes depressing Men of a Certain Age.

Guest Actress in a Drama
Ally Walker

My Ballot
Cara Buono – Mad Men
Kaitlyn Dever – Justified
Julia Stiles – Dexter
Ally Walker – Sons of Anarchy
Jessica Pare – Mad Men
Karina Logue – Terriers

Unlike its comedy counterpart, guest actress in a drama has some names to choose from.  Ally Walker and Julia Stiles lead my list of guest actresses, in part because their roles were so huge in their respective shows.  I have always enjoyed Stiles, but she was even better than ever in her role on Dexter.  Walker was easy to hate for some, but her performance can not be denied.  I am seeing a trend with child actors, as Dever slides into this ballot for her fantastic portrayal of little Loretta.  The two women of Mad Men and Donal Logue's tv and real life sister round out my ballot.

1 comment:

  1. Hi everybody, here every person is sharing these kinds of knowledge,
    therefore it's pleasant to read this webpage, and I used to visit this weblog all the time.
    my site > offsitestorage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete