Sunday, July 10, 2011

Emmy Outlook- Guest in Comedy

Although the Poolies are much more important around here - and should be everywhere - as a television blog, we at the Quiet Pool Perspective have decided to talk a bit about the 2011 Emmys. With nominations set to be announced on July 14th, I will be going through the major categories over the next couple of days to give my ballot and my prediction. My Ballot is what I would have as my six nominees if I were eligible to vote on such things. My prediction is what I expect to be announced come July 14th. As a caveat, I will not be predicting guest actor and actresses, because that would be ridiculously difficult.
Guest Actor in a Comedy
Ken Howard

My Ballot
Timothy Dalton – Chuck
Matt Damon – 30 Rock
Will Ferrell – The Office
Ken Howard – 30 Rock
Jim Rash – Community
Dana Carvey – SNL

Like I mentioned before, I don't have the slightest idea how to predict this category, but some of these dudes that have no shot at being nominated need some credit.  The guest stars of 30 Rock were the only things getting me through the lack of Tracy Morgan in the middle of the season.  Damon and Howard were two of the very best.  While some people ridiculously hated the extremely funny Will Ferrell on The Office, I loved him, especially his ability to eat cake.  Dalton was hilarious as the big bad of this season of Chuck, and Jim Rash is hilarious in his role as the Dean on Community.  Dana Carvey gets my pick as best host of the SNL season, and takes my sixth slot here.

Guest Actress in a Comedy
Miley Cyrus

My Ballot
Elizabeth Banks – 30 Rock
Carla Gugino – Californication
Gwyneth Paltrow – Glee
Autumn Reeser – Entourage
Miley Cyrus – SNL
Sherri Shepherd – 30 Rock

Not a lot to work with here.  30 Rock again notching two guest spots on my ballot, with a pair of ladies that each had one fantastic episode.  Shephard in "Queen of Jordan" and Banks when she was kidnapped by Kim Jong Il.  Paltrow was great in Glee, mostly because she hated on people in a different way from Sue Sylvester.  Reeser and Gugino were nice in their respective premium cable dramedy roles.  And if I didn't put Miley on my ballot for her performance on SNL I should probably just stop calling myself a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment