Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bi-Monthly Power Rankings- Top Ten

There has been a lot of tv going on as of late, and since I am as busy as ever, I am extremely far behind on plenty of shows. To be specific, as I write this intro on Saturday, I am 48 episodes behind on shows that I am currently watching. I have also quit on more than a couple shows in the past month, which if you know me, you realize is a difficult task in itself. At the beginning of February, I skipped the regularly scheduled Poolies Watch, but nothing was going to stop me from putting the Bi-Monthly Power Rankings into the Pool for the 10th straight edition. As always, the Quiet Pool Perspective Power Rankings take into account both current and past performance. The honorable mentions are not necessarily my next ten favorite shows, but rather those that deserve mentioning at this time. So without further ado, here are the March Bi-Monthly Power Rankings. Enjoy.

Rank. Show- (last time)...red=moving down, green=moving up

10. The Walking Dead- (9) Sundays on AMC
This could still be a one year - or six ep - wonder, but for the time being it remains in the top ten due to a fantastic first six eps.

9. Big Brother- (10) Summers on CBS
Survivor continues to be a watered down version of Big Brother, and I can't wait for my three ep a week fix from the CBS reality competition.

8. Sons of Anarchy- (7) Tuesdays on FX
Kurt Sutter went off on critics yet again last month. I worried about Sons because of Sutter once I started reading his blog, and after the disaster that was season three, my worries were necessary. I still am unsure if he can bring this show back to the greatness that was seasons one and two.

7. Justified- (13) Wednesdays on FX
If you've been reading my reviews at TV Fanatic, you know that I am loving the second season of Justified. It climbs an astonishing six spots to number seven this month, and I don't see it leaving the top ten any time soon. Timothy Olyphant is an absolute stud, and my favorite for the Frank Pembleton Award come Poolies Season.

6. The Office- (8) Thursdays on NBC
Don't let the critics and fan followers fool you, The Office has been as hilarious as ever this season. Between Classy, Christmas, Ultimatum, Threat Level Midnight and others, there have been some absolute classics. Michael Scott is one of the funniest characters in television history and Steve Carrell is set to go out on top in a couple weeks.

5. Chuck- (4) Mondays on NBC
As much as I love the main characters of Chuck, this show needs another interesting bad guy like whoah. I can never get enough of Morgan, Chuck and the gang, but since the demise of Volkoff things have been kinda stale in Burbank.

4. Community- (5) Thursdays on NBC
If I marked notches on my table every time Community made me laugh out loud, well there would be a lot of notches. Troy Barnes and Pierce Hawthorne are quite possibly the funniest one-two punch on television right now. Add Jeff Winger and Abed to the mix and you have a recipe for success. And to top things off, Britta has actually been enjoyable this season. Now if they could only get Chang back to wear he was at the start of the series. He's kinda letting me down as of late.

3. Mad Men- (3) Sundays on AMC
While you wait for the greatness of Mad Men to return to tv, explain to someone that "That's what the money is for!!!!"

2. Breaking Bad- (2) Sundays on AMC
It's too bad the previous season of Curb was so fantastically funny, because otherwise Breaking Bad would play a fantastic number one.

1. Curb Your Enthusiasm- (1) Sundays on HBO
And until Larry David and the gang come back and prove to be less funny than usual, Curb Your Enthusiasm will hang onto the number one spot in the rankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment