Monday, June 14, 2010

Breaking Bad- A Gale Storm

Spoiler alert...Below are some thoughts on last night's Breaking Bad season three finale. So watch the ep, sing along to a foreign song, and read what I had to say.

Jesse Pinkman- "We had a good run."

I hate to repeat myself, but this season three finale of Breaking Bad gives me no choice. The first three quarters of the episode did hardly anything for me. Not only was it slow, like Breaking is quite a lot, but none of this down time was enhanced by major tension.

Having said that, the final couple acts of the episode were once again amazing. When it was revealed that Gus's plan was to try and get Gale ready enough to run the lab by himself, and kill off Walt, no one could have been surprised. This is exactly what we all assumed after seeing how good Gail was as an assistant.

The surprising part, for me anyways, is what Walt's plan of attack ended up being. Killing Gale so that Walt himself was the only cook Gus had available? Interesting strategy. When Walt and Jesse first started speaking in code about what they actually had to do to get this done, my first thought was kill Gus himself. Take out the big guy. But this plan actually makes more sense, since Gus truly will need to keep Mr. White around if Gail is no longer around.

I loved Jesse, after admitting that he could not do it, continuing to attempt in talking Walter out of this whole thing. And then in the end being the one who had to do it in order to save his buddy's life. The two guys back together again! Looking out for each other as their main goal. I felt really bad for chipper, singing Gail as he stared down the barrel of Jesse's gun. He didn't deserve to go out like that, but I'll take that loss over the death of our favorite meth cook any day.

So we had quite the cliff hanger to end this season and I can't imagine it went down like anyone expected. Was there really no Skyler or Hank in this final episode of the season? I'm curious as to what next season will be about. You gotta figure this show can't go on much longer, and it has to end with Hank catching Walt right?

No comments:

Post a Comment