Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fantasy Idol Results- 20 Minutes Past My DVR

Somewhere in what I imagine is a glorious office with numerous tvs and dvrs surrounding him, Alan Sepinwall is cursing out the director of American Idol to no end. If there's one person out there that can't stand when Idol goes over its allotted time more than me, its Sepinwall. I set my dvr to record five minutes after 10:00 just in case these people had major mistakes that would go longer than they're usual one to two minute overage. You really could have colored me surprised when my dvr ran out and they still had 21 minutes to go, a whole performance, and then the results left!

Screw you Idol director for making me fast forward through almost the entirety of this pointless episode, and then you took away the joy of seeing another sad sap contestant go home. There were six guest performances that I got to see, because the DVR ran out before Sir Elton John got on stage. The only ones I didn't fast forward through? Carrie Underwood and the second half of Alicia Keys.

Black Eyed Peas are really really bad.

@HitFixDaniel tweeted that "Joss Stone would probably be able to win "American Idol." Just sayin'" so I watched the first 20 seconds before fast forwarding through that terrible rendition of I Put a Spell On You.

Once I heard that Alicia Keys was doing Empire State of Mind I got excited. After the first 10 seconds of garbage I fast forwarded to the NYC anthem and enjoyed.

Carrie Underwood was good and very attractive.

I was actually laughing at Wanda Sykes' take on the Idol results show. There are some inherent comedic qualities to the episode week in and week out. She hit them all. I never thought I'd find a single thing she said funny, but she was given great material here..."Let's take a look back at happier times when you thought you were goin' somewhere."

Some blonde lady started singing with a montage going on behind her. I think it might have been either Carol or Brandy from the team of lesbians on The Amazing Race.

And just before my DVR ran out Mary J Blige, with her blonde bowl cut tried to do Stairway to Heaven with her "all-star band". After failing for the first 30 seconds, I fast forwarded through the rest.

Oh yeah and Tim Urban left us tonight.

Fantasy Scores

The Rock Bodega
Casey James- Bottom 3 (-9), Safe (37)= 28
Janell Wheeler
Tim Urban- Bottom 3 (-9), Eliminated (-18)= -27
Lee DeWyze- Safe (37)= 37
Week 9= 38 Total= 289

You're Coming With Me Leather
Andrew Garcia
Paige Miles
Aaron Kelly- Bottom 3 (-9), Safe (37)= 28
John Park
Week 9= 28 Total= 137

The Curlgar
Ashley Rodriguez
Joe Muñoz
Haley Vaughn
Siobhan Magnus- Safe (37)= 37
Week 9= 37 Total= 122

Splash Downs All Around
Todrick Hall
Crystal Bowersox- Safe (37)= 37
Tyler Grady
Michelle Delamor
Week 9= 37 Total= 121

Diabolical Haters
Didi Benami
Lilly Scott
Lacey Brown
Michael Lynch- Safe (37)= 37
Week 9= 37 Total= 113

HashTag Katie Stevens Is Only 16
Katie Stevens
Jermaine Sellers
Katelyn Epperly
Alex Lambert
Total= 19

1 comment: