Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chuck- To Paris With Love

Sarah Walker- "Once we get back, it's all gonna happen. You and me."

Wow. We're all kidding ourselves if we think that television gets better than that episode right there. It was so fantastic that I almost wish that there weren't six more episodes this season. Needless to say, Schwartz and Fedak knew what they were doing when they originally planned out this 13 episode season. Chuck vs. the Other Guy had it all and then some.

I really don't like the full episode recap as a post, but I feel that everything that happened during this 42 minute journey was worth talking about, so I might hate myself after seeing how long this post gets.

As the title portrays, this week's ep was a battle between the lead Nerd Herder and Special Agent Daniel Shaw. We start out with Shawsy and Sarah going into a deserted warehouse where it is assumed by Chuck and me that he is going to kill her for killing his wife. After getting a gigantic strike force together, thanks to Colonel Sanders, Chuck's mission ends abruptly as Shaw in no way attempts to end Sarah's life. Was anyone fooled by this? I wrote at the time, 'he's really dragging this thing along.'

After everyone is informed on the goodness of Shaw, he heads up another mission to get the Ring Leader. This time Chuck tags along. Once inside the fortress, Chuck and Sarah find a way to get the Ring Leader in the grasp and have everything under control. That is until the elevator they are holding him in continues to open with more and more Ring agents joining the hostage situation. It soon elevates to where the spies are completely outnumbered and don't stand a chance. Who comes to the rescue? Not John Casey, but Daniel Shaw. Again I said to myself, 'very nice setup.' And what happened next? Yes all of the Ring members that Shaw just fake killed got up, while the Leader announced, "Good work Daniel...I think they bought it."

Yes they might have but I and my little bearded friend didn't. It took Morgan Grimes one watch to realize that the footage of Shaw beating up the Ring operatives was fake. The man knows his action movies. All of these CIA and NSA people on the scene and it took a lolely Buy More assistant Manager to figure out that Shawsy was working with the Ring. What does that mean for Morgan? Yes an actual spot on Team Bartowski. Although he won't play a major role in the action I'm sure, Morgan will be a part of the spy stuff from here on out I'm assuming.

So now yet a third mission to get the Ring Leader is under way. This time just Shaw and Sarah again. On their way to Paris. After Morgan let's Chuck in on the little secret about Shaw, he convinces Casey (through a fantastic motivational speech) to go and help out Mr. Bartowski. Once in "The Land of France", as I call it to a friend of mine, things continued to heat up.

Shawsy brings Sarah to the exact spot she killed his wife and he plans to return the favor. He drugs her and brings in the Ring Leader to hand over important intelligence on the Intersect. Boy things are going down hill fast. But no Chuck shows up as a waiter and gets down to business with Shaw. For the first time though, a flashed Chuck can not win in a fight as Shaw takes him out and takes Sarah with him to throw over a bridge.

Chuck makes his final attempt to save the love of his life. He draws his gun and threatens to kill the double agent. Casey calls his bluff, but it is too late as Chuck shoots Shawsy in the chest a couple times. In a last ditch effort to get revenge for his fallen wife, Shaw grabs Sarah to pull her over the bridge with him, but Chuck steps in and grabs her as Shaw falls to his death. Wow. Doesn't get much better than that.

Actually it does. It's called Sarah waking up in a Paris hotel room with the words, "You saved me" spraying out of her mouth before she commits one of the greatest "WHAT A KISS!!!" moments in the history of pop culture smooches. And they all lived happily ever after...well until they come back in a few weeks with a whole new mess on their hands.

Other Points

- Even though Chuck's first attempt to save Sarah was unnecessary she was still thankful for his extensive rescue mission, "Thank you for saving me. I appreciate the tank."

- We didn't get much of Jeffster this week, but the little we did was great, especially them accepting Casey into their crew.

- After a drunk Chuck ties up Morgan and starts singing Morgan gets me slapping my knee with, "You are misquoting the line and you are ruining Pretty in Pink for me."

- We got a couple more great mushy Sarah lines that we've all been waiting for. "You're still Chuck.  You're still my Chuck" and at the top of the post, "Once we get back, it's all gonna happen. You and me."

- Before Casey convince Beckman to let Morgan on Team Bartowski we got this gem from the saddened Buy Morian, "My time as a spy was pretty exciting...a bit brief."

No comments:

Post a Comment