Friday, February 6, 2009

Movie Characters: 50-41

50. Dewey Finn- Jack Black- The School of Rock
Dewey: “I pledge allegiance... to the band... of Mr. Schneebly... and will not fight him... for creative control... and will defer to him on all issues related to the musical direction of the band.”





















49. Kale Brecht- Shia LaBeouf- Disturbia

Julie: “Clean up your room, and clean up the kitchen.”
Kale: “Yeah, I'll do that. Let me just check my schedule.”















48. Mike McDermott- Matt Damon- Rounders

Mike: “Few players recall big pots they have won — strange as it seems — but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.”














47. Jeremy Grey- Vince Vaughn- Wedding Crashers

Jeremy: “I happen to know everything there is to know about maple syrup! I love maple syrup. I love maple syrup on pancakes. I love it on pizza. And I take maple syrup and put a little bit in my hair when I've had a rough week. What do you think holds it up, slick?”


46. Press Maravich- Nick Benedict- Pistol: The Birth of a Legend
Press: [after completing the drill] “You thought you could do it, I knew I could, confidence.”





















45. Bill Bowerman- R. Lee Ermy- Prefontaine

Bowerman: “Quite an impressive performance.”
Pre: “I just ran my race.”
Bowerman: “I was talking about the way you ran your mouth.”


















44. Coach Bud Kilmer- Jon Voight- Varsity Blues

Coach Kilmer: “Oh, Big Billy Bob Crybaby!? You cost me my perfect season. How’s it feel? My quarterback is off limping, and to top it off I got watch you cry about it?”














43. Norman Dale- Gene Hackman- Hoosiers

Coach Dale: “You know, in the ten years that I coached, I never met anybody who wanted to win as badly as I did. I'd do anything I had to do to increase my advantage. Anybody who tried to block the pursuit of that advantage, I'd just push 'em out of the way. Didn't matter who they were, or what they were doing. But that was then. You have special talent, a gift. Not the school's, not the townspeople, not the team's, not Myra Fleener's, not mine. It's yours, to do with what you choose. Because that's what I believe, I can tell you this: I don't care if you play on the team or not.”


42. John Q. Archibald- Denzel Washington- John Q
John Q: “He’s a good kid. You’d like him. You’d like him doc, if you got to know him.”


41. Kevin Franklin- Sinbad- Houseguest
Mr. Pike: “Slap me five there, brother!”
Kevin: “How about I just slap you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment