Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Justified 305 Review- The Cadillac of Beans


Dewey- "These are the end times for Dewey Crowe."
The bad guys turned on each other two weeks ago in "Harlan Roulette," and it happened once again in "Thick as Mud" when Layla shot Lance before getting gunned down herself by a tranquilized Raylan laying in a bath tub.

In no way is Justified returning to the Elmore Leonard school of writing for villains too much, but if even if the series continued to use this style over and over again, it would be okay. It's extremely entertaining.

Call me gullible, but I'm surprised every time.  ust as it was revealed - obviously or otherwise - that the two nurses were working together, one knocks off the other with a bullet to the back? That doesn't seem normal, so when it happens, I'm taken back by it, and excited to see what will happen next.

This week, in an unsurprising event, Raylan saved himself from the crazy woman by shooting her in the chest through the body of her victim. It might not have been the most bad ass move Raylan has ever done, but everyone was certainly shocked that it actually worked. Including Raylan.
To read the rest of my review of last night's Justified, head over to TV Fanatic.

Justified 305 - "Thick As Mud"
Review
Recap
Quotes

1 comment:

  1. Love the site, and your recap of “Thick As Mud” is dead on. I loved everything with Dewey was dead on, from his by turns laughable and savage crime spree to his line about having four kidneys was perfect. However, Walton Goggins stole the show again. His scene with Quarles was great, it was nice to see the De-troit Carpetbagger put in his place, if only for a little while. And Limehouse? I don’t know how a guy who hasn’t done more than chop meat can be so imposing, but he is a scary dude. I wanted to get in the right headspace before the show, so as a DISH customer and employee I was able to watch some clips from the last two episodes on DISHOnline. I think it’s pretty cool all customers can access this site and catch up on their favorite shows. It’s perfect for busy people like myself that can’t always find time to DVR everything, or watch everything we DVR. This way, when I’m ready to watch, the shows are just there, waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete