Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Office 903 Review - You're Not Jim!


When I first saw the cold open as a promo for "Andy's Ancestry," I laughed my face off. When I saw it again, it was still hilarious. By the time this episode of The Office aired, the joke had lost most of its punch, but that doesn't mean it wasn't one of the best openings we've seen in a long, long time.

What a prank! Jim and Pam took some pretty great strides to get Dwight's goat with this one. Between informing their actor friend on the ins and outs of Jim's job, getting him Jim's voicemail password, Pam kissing him straight on the mouth and taking the time to shoot a brand new family portrait, I'd say this one might have taken the most planning ever.

Once the heart of the episode began there were a number of plots going on at once. The one that worked best was Nellie and Pam's bonding intertwining with Jim and Darryl's bonding. I know readers have taken issue with Nellie in the past, but I continue to enjoy her style of comedy. Her being a terrible driver...not funny. Nellie taking joy in lying to Andy...very funny.
To read the rest of my review of this week's The Office, head over to TV Fanatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment