Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chuck 421 Review- Confidence Man


Jack- "I hope now that you can have all the adventures you ever wanted with a man far better than me."
I don't care how many TV On My Terms articles Jeffrey Kirkpatrick writes speaking ill of Chuck, a good way of getting things back on track is to have an episode featuring Sarah's daddy issues, and guest starring Gary Cole.

In his most recent commentary, my colleage Mr. Kirkpatrick mentioned that "Even some of the most diehard Chuck fans begrudgingly admit its not as good as it was two seasons ago." I sadly have to agree with his assertion. I am a die hard fan, but over the course of this season Chuck has lost a bit of its luster.

Did "Chuck Versus the Wedding Planner" change that entirely? No, but it was a fun episode, if not the rebirth of quality story telling on Chuck. Sarah's problems with her father, which lead to dramatic scenes by Yvonne Strahovski, are certainly always some of the best stories on the series.

So before we take a look at how the Chuck Triple Threat played out this week, give somebody a "spy high five."
To read the rest of my review of last night's Chuck, head over to TV Fanatic.

Chuck 421 - "Chuck Versus the Wedding Planner"
Review
Round Table
Recap
Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment