Friday, April 15, 2011

American Idol Top 8- End of the Road


Spoiler Alert...Below are the results and some thoughts on this week's episodes of American Idol. So before reading any further, watch the eps, be in it to win it, then read what I have to say.

Which is not much. I'm still pretty upset over Paul's elimination, but I can take solace in the fact that he resides in my currently city. I plan on downloading some of his band, The Grand Magnolias' music, and crying my self to sleep.

Seriously though, I'm not as upset as I should be. It just wasn't in the cards for Paul. He's not an Idol singer, and that song choice of Old Time Rock and Roll was just awful. You don't choose a song that is all chorus. There's just nothing to do with it. There's no way, he was cracking the top five, but I would have liked to see him around for a couple more weeks.

There were just a multitude of terrible song choices this week, which was my least favorite episode of the season. Call Me? End of the Road? Whatever those garbage tunes were that Scotty and Durbin chose? Come on people. You could pick any song from any movie, and this is what you came up with?

My two favorites were probably Lauren and Casey. Lauren did a subpar version of The Climb, after Jimmy Iovine finished trashing on Miley Cyrus, who could out-sing anyone on Idol thank you very much. Maybe she has producers fixing her awful voice, but the end product is what counts. Casey, if you don't take into account his disgusting grunts and moans, did a nice job with Nature Boy.

Everyone else was garbage. I don't have to mention how much I once again hated Jacob's Bridge Over Troubled Water, but I just did. Although Scotty was pretty average on performance night, him absolutely ruining American Honey on results night, made me want to kill somebody.

This season of American Idol is only going to get more boring from here, so there really isn't much to look forward to. As long as Stefano and Jacob are the next to go, I'll be happy. If Haley makes it a few more weeks, everything will be gravy.

Fantasy Scores

Peaches

(2) Casey Abrams- Safe (20)= 20
(11) James Durbin- Safe (20)= 20
(14) Scotty McCreery- Safe (20)= 20
(23) TaTynisa Wilson
Top 8= 60 Total= 217




#hoponthelaurenalainatrain

(1) Lauren Alaina- Safe (20)= 20
(12) Lauren Turner
(13) Stephano Langone- Bottom 3 (-8), Safe (20)= 12
(24) Naima Adedapo
Top 8= 32 Total= 126




Missing Didi

(4) Clint Gamboa
(9) Thia Megia
(16) Jacob Lusk- Safe (20)= 20
(21) Rachel Zevita
Top 8= 20 Total= 68




Thia Megia #cangetit

(18*) Haley Reinhart- Bottom 3 (-8), Safe (20)= 12
(19*) Ashton Jones
(15) Karen Rodriguez
(22) Brett Loewenstern
Top 8= 12 Total= 54

*acquired from Larry via trade


Paula's Incoherence

(5) Paul McDonald- Bottom 3 (-8), Eliminated (-16)= -24
(8) Robbie Rosen
(17) Kendra Chantelle
(20) Jovany Barreto
Top 8= -24 Total= 25




Preacher With a Satan Tattoo

(6) Julie Zorilla
(7) Pia Toscano
(3*) Tim Halperin
(10*) Jordan Dorsey
Total= 10

* acquired from Tyson via trade

No comments:

Post a Comment