Saturday, December 22, 2007

A New Hope


I can't explain how much I believe this strategy has already paid off. The first 30 to 40 minutes of Episode IV were so much better because I had already watched I,II, and III. If I had never seen anything Star Wars, the great conversation between Luke and Kenobi would've been wasted because I would have had no idea what was going on. This way, everything that talked about was incredible. Seeing R2 and 3PO go through so much before this movie made their interactions that much better. Overall I liked A New Hope better than the new trilogy movies, but it wasn't as epic as Revenge of the Sith. The story was short and the end result was a bit anti climactic. Oh, also Luke was quite a little pansy boy.

Favorite Episode IV Characters

5. Chewbacca- A great lovable character that made me laugh quite a few times because of how scared he was. When they are trapped in the trash compactor and he keeps banging on the door it is priceless.

4. R2-D2- I loved R2 before this movie but I didn't feel he did enough to make the list. In this movie he had a lot of funny comments that 3PO had to translate. I especially loved when R2 would lead 3PO into danger.

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi- I don't know if I would've loved him this much if I hadn't already seen I, II, and III. All of his comments had so much "mmph" because I knew everything he'd been through with Anakin.

2. Han Solo- Very funny performance and a pretty big stud. He was so cocky and all about money which always makes for a good character.

1. C-3PO- He finally gets to the top spot because he was basically in the entire movie this time. He's a very nervous, gay robot. I love when R2 gets him into trouble.

Stay tuned for Episodes 5 and 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment