Monday, June 1, 2009

#6 Football Movie- Necessary Roughness

Necessary Roughness (1991)
Starring: Scott Bakula, Hector Elizondo, Robert Loggia

I first saw this movie a long time ago when I was a young buck. I never watched it for a long time after and always had good memories about it. T-time bought it a while ago and I finally got around to watching it last summer. It did not disappoint. Necessary Roughness is the classic story about a college football team that, due to sanctions by the NCAA, has to form a squad from their current student body without the use of scholarship athletes.

My birthday buddy Scott Bakula plays the 35 year old quarterback, that was a high school star but never played college because he had to take care of the farm when his dad died. Between him, Sinbad as a physics teacher turned player, a chick as the kicker, a karate master and Rob Schneider as the game announcer, there are plenty of shenanigans to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment