Thursday, June 4, 2009

#3 Football Movie- Jerry Maguire

Jerry Maguire (1996)
Starring: Tom Cruise, Cuba Gooding Jr., Renee Zellweger

Jerry Maguire is a classic movie that happens to revolve around football. If it weren't for some of the terrible Renee Zellweger parts, this could be one of the best all time. Rod Tidwell is easily Cuba Gooding Jr.'s best performance by a country mile, and is up there with some of the best characters ever.

The first thing most people think about Jerry Maguire are some of the most used lines in sports movie history. They are so popular that I didn't even have to look these up...

  • Jerry: "You complete me."
  • Dorothy: "You had me at hello."
  • Jerry: "Who's comin' with me?"
  • Rod/Jerry: "Show me the money!"
  • Ray: "Did you know that bees and dogs can smell fear?"
  • Rod/Jerry: "I love black people!"
  • Ray: "Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds?"
  • Dorothy: "I love him for the man he wants to be. And I love him for the man that he almost is."
Then there was this classic moment between Jerry and little Ray...

Jerry: "The f*ckin' zoo is closed, Ray."
Ray: "You said f*ck."
Jerry: "Uh...yeah...I..."
Ray: "Don't worry. I won't tell."


No comments:

Post a Comment