Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts

So watching tv with my pops has given me a greater appreciation for the non-serialized shows. Although still nowhere near the love I have for the continuous plot line of a serialized drama, sitting down to watch an ep of SVU or Without a Trace is like a succinct movie. They're much more driven, there's no dragging like you would get in many 2 hour plus movies, which I like. As long as Big Tom is home watching tv with me, I'm going to watch a lot more Law and Order and CSI. And if SVU keeps having fantastic guest stars like last night's Dylan McKay, Happy Gilmore's girlfriend, and Riggins' little friend from Friday Night Lights, I'll enjoy it.



Before the start of 90210, critics were mentioning their thankfulness that they had a couple of credible actors. The brother sister combo of Dixon (Tristan Wilds) and Annie (Shenae Grimes) had pasts in "The Wire" and "Degrassi," respectively. So far this season, I would definitely say that Tristan Wilds is the worst actor on the show and Shenae Grimes is probably a distant second. That's not to put down the rest of the actors...Jennie Garth is performing wonderfully and I think Ryan Eggold is also a great actor. Adam Gregory, playing Matt Ginn, oh I mean Ty Collins fills his role perfectly. It's still nowhere near the original, but for a guilty pleasure, it's almost on par with Gossip Girl for me.

Check out Wilds' acting here, and how cute Jessica Stroup is...

No comments:

Post a Comment