Monday, August 23, 2010

ABC Fall Lineup Preview

So with the 2010 fall tv season just around the corner, let's take a look at what we have coming our way. Below is ABC's schedule for the fall: Shows in blue mean that I am currently watching them if its a returner and I will be giving it a try if it's new this year.  Time slots in yellow mean that it is a new series.

ABC's biggest problem heading into the new season is not only that they lost Lost, but the two series they brought in last year to take its place, are not on the fall lineup.  Flash Forward was cancelled and V isn't set to return until mid-season.

For a network that, as recently as two years ago had no returning sitcoms, is staying alive because of them.  I really only watch Modern Fam, but Cougar Town and The Middle are also two of ABC's better shows.  Sure Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy still bring in the ratings, but that doesn't mean they're good shows.  Hopefully No Ordinary Family (right) and maybe one other newcomer can help ABC step its game up.

Sunday
8:00- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00- Desperate Housewives
I gave up on DH a couple years back, but Brian Austin Green's arrival on Wysteria Lane this season has me wondering if I made the right choice.
10:00- Brothers and Sisters
I'm now wishing I gave up this ABC Sunday soap instead, as it has become extremely boring. Parenthood is the big family drama you want to be watching.

Monday
8:00- Dancing with the Stars
I watched the first two episodes last season for Ochocinco...I really couldn't get through much more.
10:00- Castle

Tuesday
8:00- No Ordinary Family
The only new fall ABC show that has me somewhat excited. I've heard good things about Chiklis form The Shield. Add an Incredibles-esque super hero feel and I'm on board for at least six eps.
9:00- Dancing with the Stars
10:00- Detroit 1-8-7
Michael Imperioli isn't bringing me in to this procedural cop drama.

Wednesday
8:00- The Middle
I watched an ep or two last season. It's decent but not worth the time.
8:30- Better With You
Like Nick Swisher, I'll follow Joanna Garcia anywhere, so this sitcom will get my attention for the first few eps.
9:00- Modern Family
Finally, something to get excited about at the network. My second favorite comedy of last year, Modern Family is going to have to keep bringing the heat to keep up with its first season.
9:30- Cougar Town
I watched an episode (or two) early on and didn't enjoy this at all. I've heard it got better, but like The Middle, not worth my time.
10:00- The Whole Truth

Thursday
8:00- My Generation
The jury's still out. Nothing too appealing other than that it's new.
9:00- Grey's Anatomy
How am I still watching this garbage? Was this good at one point? I can't remember.
10:00- Private Practice
I'm really glad I dropped this after only one season. Don't know if I could ever take two Shonda Rhimes shows.

Friday
8:00- Secret Millionaire
9:00- Body of Proof
Dana Delany...blah blah blah...boring procedural.
10:00- 20/20

No comments:

Post a Comment