Saturday, April 2, 2011

American Idol Top 11: Part 2- Jamaican Me Crazy


Spoiler Alert...Below are the results and some thoughts on this week's episodes of American Idol. So before reading any further, watch the eps, light your piano on fire, then read what I have to say.

This is very belated, but I needed to get the fantasy scores up so here we go. I thought Elton John week was solid as a whole, definitely a lot better than Motown week. Of course there were the few that I couldn't stand, but there were also a few of the fantastic variety.

My boy Paul didn't have his best day, which was why I wasn't surprised when he ended up in the bottom three on Thursday. My new second favorite Haley, however, absolutely murdered it for the second week in a row. Her combination of growl and tenderness had me excited, and as Steven Tyler said, she "sings sexy."

The other two members of the bottom three, Naima and Thia, deserved to go. Really Naima? I have no problem with turning "I'm Still Standing" into a reggae tune, but you're going to start singing in a Jamaican accent? Not only was it awful, but I feel like it was kind offensive. And I can say that because I have two Jamaican friends. And after her performance in the semifinals, Thia has just been God awful and it was about time she got ousted.

The only other top performers of the week were Lauren Alaina (hop on the train) and Casey Abrams. It was inevitable that Casey was going to come back with a good performance after being saved, but Lauren's was a bit of a surprise.

Pia and Scotty's shticks are getting old. Jacob is just the absolute worst. As soon as he opens his mouth I want to slap him. Durbin basically just performed instead of singing, and Stefano...the more screen time he gets, the less I like him.

I liked the changing of gears during the results show, as they had the contestants sing in duets or groups. It's a lot better than the terrible filler they usually play during those moments. Let us see these people sing more so we can better judge how good they are. Thank you.

Fantasy Scores

Peaches

(2) Casey Abrams- Safe (11)= 11
(11) James Durbin- Safe (11)= 11
(14) Scotty McCreery- Safe (11)= 11
(23) TaTynisa Wilson
Top 11= 33 Total= 112




#hoponthelaurenalainatrain

(1) Lauren Alaina- Safe (11)= 11
(12) Lauren Turner
(13) Stephano Langone- Safe (11)= 11
(24) Naima Adedapo- Bottom 3 (-6), Eliminated (-12)= -18
Top 11= 4 Total= 71




Missing Didi

(4) Clint Gamboa
(9) Thia Megia- Bottom 3 (-6), Eliminated (-12)= -18
(16) Jacob Lusk- Safe (11)= 11
(21) Rachel Zevita
Top 11= -7 Total= 40




Paula's Incoherence

(5) Paul McDonald- Bottom 3 (-6), Safe (11)= 5
(8) Robbie Rosen
(17) Kendra Chantelle
(20) Jovany Barreto
Top 11= 5 Total= 34




Preacher With a Satan Tattoo

(6) Julie Zorilla
(7) Pia Toscano- Safe (11)= 11
(3*) Tim Halperin
(10*) Jordan Dorsey
Top 11= 11 Total= 31

* acquired from Tyson via trade


Thia Megia #cangetit

(18*) Haley Reinhart- Safe (11)= 11
(19*) Ashton Jones
(15) Karen Rodriguez
(22) Brett Loewenstern
Top 11= 11 Total= 27

*acquired from Larry via trade

2 comments: